1. In consideration of the Consigner (the party engaging the below defined Carrier) agreeing to pay the Carrier’s charges the Carrier will supply transport and other services referred to in these terms and conditions (Service).
2. The Carrier is Warners Transport & Distribution Pty Ltd ACN 069 071 846 and, where the context requires or permits, includes its servants, agents and sub-contractors.
3. The Consignor warrants that any person employed by, or an agent of, the Consignor who signs documents on the Consignor’s behalf, including consignment notes, is duly authorised by the Consignor.
4. The Carrier is not a “Common Carrier” and, accordingly, reserves the right and discretion to refuse the carriage or transport of goods of any person, and the carriage or transport of any class of goods.
5. Consignor’s goods (Goods) accepted by the Carrier are subject to Service conditions, including the following:
(a) Goods must comply with all legal requirements as to their nature, condition and packing, including customs duties, excise duties and all and any other impost (Compliance).
(b) Any Compliance cost, expense or charge incurred by the Carrier must be paid by the Consignor, whether directly or by reimbursed to the Carrier.
(c) All Goods are fully and accurately identified in the Service consignment note, or elsewhere, as to their nature and value. and, where relevant or required, that they.
(d) If Goods are liquid, noxious, dangerous, hazardous or flammable they are liable to higher Service charges than standard Carrier rates, determined at the Carrier’s discretion.
6. These conditions may not be varied by the Consignor except by prior written agreement with the Carrier. The Carrier might alter these conditions from consignment to consignment and the Consignor is thus required to read these conditions as they apply from time to time.
7. All Service charges are due and payable when the Carrier determines, exclusive of GST unless stated to be otherwise (in which case GST needs to be paid in addition to stated accounts) and no charges paid are refundable.
8. If the Carrier agrees Service charges may be paid by a consignee receiver of Goods (Consignee) the Consignor guarantees and undertakes to pay such Service charges on demand, including any additional charges including reasonable time charges for making demands for payment, arranging alternative delivery arrangements.
9. Service charges may be determined by reference to weight, measurement or value, and the Carrier may at any time reweigh, re-measure or re-value the goods or require the goods to be re-weighed, re-measured or re-valued and impose additional charges if there be any difference in the weight measurement or value of Goods when compared with that purportedly disclosed pursuant to clause 5 of these terms and conditions.
10. If the Consignee is not at the address provided on the consignment note during normal trading hours the Carrier may impose additional administrative, holding and carriage charges at its determined rates until delivery of the Goods is accomplished.
11. The Carrier may deliver goods at intermediate points on the carriage route by agreement established with the Consignor.
12. Goods may be on forwarded by any means at the Carrier’s discretion.
13. The Carrier may cause Goods carriage by a Carrier independent contractor or sub-contractor.
14. The Consignor authorises the Carrier to act as the Consignor’s agent to arrange Goods carriage on these terms.
15. All rights, immunities and limitations of liability conferred on the Carrier, whether expressly or impliedly in these terms and conditions survive and continue to be of full force and effect after delivery (including mis-delivery) or attempted delivery of the Goods and notwithstanding any breach of these terms and conditions by the Carrier.
16. The Consignor will indemnify and hold harmless the Carrier from any claims, demands, actions, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses in respect of:
(a) loss of or damage to property; or
(b) injury to or death of any person.
arising out of or in respect of or caused by the carriage, transportation, packing, loading, unloading or storage of Goods or anything done in connection thereto by the Carrier with such indemnity to apply notwithstanding, to the extent permitted at law, any loss of or damage to property or the injury to or death of the person was caused by the Carrier’s negligence,
breach of statutory duty or breach of contract.